Pages

Friday, October 14

The Carefree Cowl Knit Along! I'm in!


I am so in!  Luvinthemommyhood.com and Nook started a knit along for cowl scarves.  I saw the post 2 days ago and I started on my scarf right away.  I've been planning to make a cowl scarf for moi anyways, so this knit along is a good motivational push to start it.  I crocheted my cowl using tunisian crochet.  I started with doing honeycomb stitch, a stitch that I use for my earwarmers that I sell on my etsy shop.  Love this stitch, but I wanted to try something different.  I ended up doing the whole cowl in tunisian arrowhead stitch.  
Tunisian Honeycomb Stitch

 For this project, I used Caron Simply Soft yarn in Plum Perfect and an 8mm tunisian hook.  I love tunisian crochet!  This was a pretty easy project and was so much fun to do.  I simply crocheted a long scarf and sewed the edges together.  I will post pictures of the finished cowl on my next post and on luvinthemommyhood ravelry group thread and their flickr group.

Tunisian Arrowhead Stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment